Whether you need immediate air conditioner repair or you want the peace of mind that comes from routine maintenance, you can count on the pros at KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning. We’ve served the Rancho Mirage area for nearly 40 years and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Be sure to check out our blog for more heating and air conditioner tips and information.
When You Need Emergency AC Repair
If you’ve lived in Rancho Mirage for long, then you know how oppressive the heat can be during the summer months. So, when you come home after a hard day’s work to find that your AC has failed, you must call for help as soon as possible to restore your family’s comfort. While not every air conditioner problem requires emergency repairs, here are a few situations where it’s warranted.
- The airflow coming out of the vents is weak or nonexistent
- The air conditioner constantly runs but doesn’t provide cold air
- The thermostat clicks on, but the air conditioner won’t startup
- The air conditioner causes electrical issues like flickering lights or breaker trips when it’s running
- The air conditioner quickly cycles on and off and fails to provide any cold air
Not all of these issues are so severe that they can’t wait until you can schedule an appointment, but ask yourself the following questions when determining whether to call for emergency repairs.
- Do you have vulnerable people in the home, such as a baby or an elderly resident whose health could be endangered?
- Is the forecast saying that the high temperatures will last for days?
- How long will you have to wait to get a repair technician to show up?
Benefits of AC Maintenance & Tune-Up
Consider how much a new HVAC installation costs, and you’ll understand why it’s in your best financial interest to keep your system as healthy, efficient, and as long-lasting as possible. Too many Rancho Mirage homeowners ignore their air conditioning systems until there’s a problem, but that’s not wise considering how expensive these systems are and how much you rely on them to keep you comfortable.
The good news is that air conditioner maintenance isn’t expensive or difficult, and you can do most tasks yourself. Here’s a handy checklist for keeping your AC in tip-top shape.
- Change the filter regularly
- Clean the coils to maintain performance and efficiency
- Straighten any bent coil fins
- Check the condensate drain and drain line for clogs
- Call a professional for annual tune-ups to replace worn parts and extend the system’s lifespan