Re-Piping the Coachella Valley
Is It Time to Replace the Pipes in Your Home?
Re-piping a house is a big job, but well worth it, especially for an owner of an older home. In the long run, if one pipe is bad, you can assume that the others are getting there too. Plumbing products of the same quality as today’s were not available 50 years ago. Technology has aided in creating stronger materials, better pipes constructed from these materials, and even better cement and bonding agents to ensure joints will not leak for years and years.
How Do I Know if My House Needs Re-Piping?
Re-piping is worth it when you are remodeling a home built prior to 1970. Older pipes can fail and, if they burst, cause extensive water damage. You can act before this happens by determining if your home needs re-piping. To do so, look for:
- Decaying pipes: Signs of corrosion include discoloration, flaking, stains, and dimpling. If any exposed pipes are corroded, they should be replaced.
- Discolored water: If you see brown or yellow water from your faucets, old pipes may be corroding inside. It can discolor clothes and make water unhealthy to use.
- Leaks: If an older pipe is seen leaking, or water flow is reduced, consider PEX or copper re-piping. Another sign of trouble is a corroded or cracked valve.
Common Types of Piping
Re-piping a house involves a complete replacement of a supply plumbing system. This is a practical approach during renovation because you can complete a re-pipe project before the walls are finished and painted. There are two different choices of piping used now:
- Copper piping – Copper can be used for many applications. It is a soft metal that can be bent into position to fit the needs of the installation. A copper pipe can be used for hot or cold water. High-quality copper can last for many years and resist corrosion and leakage. Grade L copper pipes are some of the best on the market.
- PEX tubing – Polyethylene with a cross-linked design is widely used in homes all over America because of the flexibility and safe installation practices. PEX pipe can be used in a wide variety of applications at a very reasonable cost. It’s made of a flexible, high-density plastic that does not corrode. Nor will it freeze, scale, or develop pinhole leaks that can get worse over time.
These are the two options that are available for homes and businesses today. The top of the list is the most popular and the best option.
Schedule a Re-Piping Appointment Today
At KC’s 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing, we can install either one of these options for your needs. We guarantee our work and the products that we use. Give us a call, and we’ll be happy to come out and do an inspection and give you an estimate for the job. We even offer our own financing program for those really big jobs like re-piping your entire home.
Call us now at (760) 327-8718 and find out the details. We serve homes and businesses throughout the Coachella Valley, including Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Cathedral City, and Indio.
Call us now at (760) 327-8718 and find out the details. We serve homes and businesses throughout the Coachella Valley.
This is custom heading element
Your Plumbing & Water Purification Experts
- Family Based Values
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Professional & Efficient Work Ethic
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- 24 Hr Emergency Service at No Extra Cost
- Over 50 Years of Plumbing Experience