Garbage Disposal Repair and Installation Services in the Coachella Valley
Keeping Your Kitchen Clean & Sanitary
The garbage disposal is an indispensable kitchen appliance in many homes. When the garbage disposal stops working, it can result in a clogged drain and potential health hazard from bacteria in the food scraps. Call KC’s 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing for highly qualified technicians to troubleshoot your unit, determine if it can be repaired, or tell if you need a new garbage disposal installation.
If your garbage disposal is not working, call (760) 327-8718 for repair or installation.
Equipped to Handle Various Garbage Disposal Problems
Does your garbage disposal have a bad odor? Are you hearing loud grinding noises? Has the unit stopped working completely? Our technicians offer repair service for garbage disposals in Palm Springs and throughout the Coachella Valley to restore your unit to working condition. Our service vans are fully stocked with parts and tools to fix the problem with your garbage disposal and get it running again.
Our experienced technicians can address the following common issues:
- The Garbage Disposal Does Not Turn On: If you flip the switch and the motor doesn’t turn on, there is likely an electrical problem or an issue with the unit’s switch or wiring. If not, the unit needs to be replaced.
- The Garbage Disposal is Stuck/Humming: The unit won’t turn on but you still hear the motor. This indicates the inner flywheel is jammed. If not resolved, this can cause the motor to burn out unless the circuit breaker or disposal’s reset button is triggered.
- The Unit Is Leaking: Leaks may occur at the sink flange, where the garbage disposal connects to the sink’s bottom. They may also come from hoses that connect it with the drain system or the dishwasher.
- The Disposal Is Draining Slowly: Various problems can cause the garbage disposal to drain slowly. To fix a clogged garbage disposal, the drain trap and discharge pipe must be disassembled to remove any material clogging the pipes
Features to look for in a new garbage disposal include:
The garbage disposal installation cost can depend on the features you require. You can choose from continuous feed disposals, which let you put new waste in as items are being ground up, or batch feed models that require loading before closing the stopper to turn the blades on. That being considered, here are features to look for:
- Stainless steel grind components
- Cutting teeth that are close together
- High rpm motors
- Higher horsepower ratings (½, ¾, or 1 hp models)
- Generous warranties
- Quick-mount necks
- Safety covers
Our plumbing technicians can explain the options that are available for a new garbage disposal and help you select the right unit for your home. We provide precision installation of your new unit to ensure reliable performance. Your new garbage disposal will be covered by a warranty from the manufacturer, and we offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
If you are having a problem with your garbage disposal, require installation, or want to inquire about the garbage disposal repair cost, call (760) 327-8718 for expert repairs and replacement service in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Cathedral City, Indio, and other Coachella Valley communities.
This is custom heading element
Your Plumbing & Water Purification Experts
- Family Based Values
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Professional & Efficient Work Ethic
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- 24 Hr Emergency Service at No Extra Cost
- Over 50 Years of Plumbing Experience